I'm Hazel and my son, Amos, is almost 19 months. he is an absolute treasure - my world. Yes, literally my world, since his birth I have probably been away from him for a total of about 90 minutes - hmm, that's a football match minus injury time! Most of the time this is no problem at all and other times - as he attempts to shove things down the toilet whilst I'm sitting on it, for example - it can get a little intense. My husband thinks I sit around all day chatting to friends on the phone, drinking tea and eating cake - sound familiar? Wow, the truth is so unbelievably far from that, in fact to actually drink a whole cup of hot tea........now that would be bliss. To have an actual flowing conversation, finishing sentences, making sense......heaven. Stay at home mums and dads I know you're with me - feeling my pain.
Motherhood is pretty new to me and I never pictured myself as a 'stay at home mum' I loved my job, it was fun. Last year I wondered when my 'stay at home' sentence would end and then I woke up and realised that actually I had stepped into potentially the most fun job in the world. This blog is about me and Amos and the stay at home fun, fun, fun we've had and we're going to have.
Are you a new 'stay at home' mum or dad? Well stick around and we'll show how this can be a great adventure. I know you're on a budget but it can be done.
What are some of your 'stay-at-home-things-to-do' ideas?
This time with our little ones is so short - let's party and make them days to remember!

No comments:
Post a Comment