Well down here in sunny Cornwall it didn't just rain, it poured today. My usual daily plan of action as a stay at home mum is to leave the house as much as possible - stop those walls from closing in at all costs! This morning I took one good look at that miserable grey sky and decided it was a definite staying in day.
More for my own sanity than for Amos' education I chose a theme for the day - the farmyard. What a surprisingly great day we've had! We dug out all the toys relating to the farmyard and had a great time with little jigsaws
Farmyard Tales Farm Animals Jigsaw Book (Jigsaw Books)
, tractors
My First Tractor Board Book (My 1st Board Books)
and books - check out
The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales (Usbourne Farmyard Tales)
or
The World of Farm Animals: An Early Encyclopedia for Beginning Readers
(great value). We watched 'Big Barn Farm' on cbeebies and even sang 'Old Macdonald'. We ended the day by getting the paints out, I drew the farm animals and Amos finger painted them. A fantastic tip given to me for painting with toddlers is to buy a roll of wallpaper lining and paint on that, lots of room to slosh the paint around. You can buy it at any DIY store.
It was brilliant to have a topic, I highly recommend it and whatever you choose I can guarantee you've got more than enough toys to fill the day.....I was very surprised once I rooted deep!
Have you got any ideas for day's topics or themes? - I always need new ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment