Hamleys of London Ltd
LEGO Company Ltd

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Let me entertain you....

Amos and I have recently been on some long train journeys, first of all we went to London, a three hour journey, and last week we went to stay with friends in Derby, a 4 hour 15 minute journey - elongated both ways due to delays! Pre small child this was a wonderful relaxing 'bookfest', maybe a little nap at some point after indulging in a nice hot cup of tea. Now of course I am chief entertainment officer in an extremely confined space. Although I must say it went surprisingly well, naturally I had a bag full of accessories - bubbles, small cars, crayons, paper, food (it was a pretty large bag). Amongst my fabulous entertainment package I can reveal my really hot travel tip is the wonderful sticker book, we had a Thomas and Friends sticker book and it provided minutes upon minutes of engagement, Amos loved it.  I, on the other hand, suffered terribly from the pressing urge to take off Amos' handiwork and rearrange it so that Thomas was not up a tree and Percy had not landed upside down in the sea with the Fat Controller's car balancing on him! You'll be pleased to know that I resisted and instead settled for occasionally guiding Amos' hand to put a cyclist the right way up and make sure Harold the helicopter stayed in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment