
I'm still not completely sure about how to communicate to an impressionable, young fellow (Amos, my son, that is...not my husband, he's not that young!) how suddenly at Easter time bunnies start laying eggs! What is that all about? I spend such a lot of time looking at books of farmyard animals and explaining hens, chickens, eggs etc. then overnight the whole of nature seems to have an overhaul. I think I'm going to stick to the real Easter story of Jesus and His death and resurrection and leave Amos to figure the bunny and egg thing out by himself.
We did the German tradition at Easter, which was wonderful. We bought Amos some little toy gifts and chocolates and then put them in decorated cardboard eggs. On Easter Sunday afternoon we went to a nearby forest and had a picnic lunch, whilst we were eating my husband hid the eggs. After lunch Amos and I searched for them. It was great fun.... at least for me, I loved hunting for the eggs... Amos loved eating the chocolate! It is a really fun tradition and something you may like to try with your kids next year - just make sure you've got your rabbit/egg story sorted out in time.

No comments:
Post a Comment