Hamleys of London Ltd
LEGO Company Ltd

Thursday, 1 April 2010

Fooled Myself!



Just as my son was pouring water from his little watering can all over the kitchen floor, then using a wooden spoon to stir in the contents of the paper recycling bin thus, at the tender age of 19 months, creating a papier mache frontage to the washing machine and cooker...... a dark, cloaked figure loomed up to the back door and looking down at Amos in a middle English accent said "I've heard you've been naughty!". I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked up at the unusual face of Nanny McPhee knowing that from now on someone would magically take over my daily chores, work wonders with my child and change my life forever. At that moment a sound like a crying baby started in my ear, I jolted awake to find that on April 1st I'd fooled myself:)
Have you seen the new Nanny McPhee film? I haven't seen it - despite the dream - but I saw the first one which was lovely and this one which looks like a role call of great, funny actors Rhys Ifans, Bill Bailey, Maggie Smith to name but a few in addition to the brilliant Emma Thompson who also wrote it and did pretty much everything else. It promises to be a good Easter afternoon out with the kids for stay at home mums and dads - you never know your kids might learn something! If you're on an Orange mobile phone contract you should probably go on Wednesday, 2 for 1, and there you have it a nice afternoon out to look forward to.
Have a wonderful, meaningful Easter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment