Gardening kept both Amos and I very busy for most of the day (not least due to having to replant all the bulbs) causing me to realise that this is a fantastic stay at home mum and dad activity, great on the pocket too, it cost us the price of a few bulbs and seriously aching muscles the following day but well worth the effort.
Friday, 30 April 2010
Garden Gnome Alone!
The recent good weather has been wonderful, a perfect opportunity for Amos and I to get out in the garden. I have to admit I'm not much of a gardener but I like the colours green and yellow which seem to be in vogue on the garden front at the moment making me feel a little more comfortably at one with nature. So I donned my garden outfit - rather fetching dungarees - and with my trusty little helper started planting. Amos was much more clued up than I was as it turned out. We planted some bulbs, I dug the hole and gave Amos the bulb to put in (a job he loved), of course when he wasn't looking I placed the bulb in what I considered the correct way up, we covered over the hole and patted the earth down together. It was a good number of bulbs later that my husband (a real gardener) informed me that I was putting them the wrong way up - Amos had it right all the way along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Amos is the uber cool. I love him.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you were in your garden and not next doors ?
ReplyDeleteOf course it's our garden, a lot of hard work has gone into that..... not by me, you understand!
ReplyDelete